Infection gametype

Nov 16, 2013
Hi all! :)
I'm new to this forum. I'm here because I'd like to know if it is possible to play infection gametype on Halo 2 PC. Has anyone tried it before? Do I have to download a mod or something?
Thank you.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Apps have been made. However, they either end up being unfinished, broken or suddenly the project disappears... or they're too lazy to finish it. And since i'm keen on it as well, i will be working on my own version of a zombie app when i finish up with another coding project i have with Minecraft. Don't expect it anytime soon tho, anyone who knows me knows that when i say i'll do something, i will do it, but when is the question ;D
Oh yeah, welcome to this H2V forum!

Nov 16, 2013
Thanks for replying me, KILLER CHIEF.
The fact is that I watched several videos on Youtube about that gametype yesterday and I thought that the mod had already been created.
Anyway, good luck with your project for Minecraft.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
ask supersniper and kant and shock120 lol

they can help a lot, someone that helped with the making of the zombie app has gone away from the scene and on to something else i think not sure. but they can do a lot of stuff though lol they have done a lot of good things for the game and im sure with a little motivation they can try a crack at it again lol

Get Crackin' With Wonderful Pistachios!!!!!!!!!

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Here's a playlist file I created for the original Halo 2 Xbox Dawn of the Dead variant.

Code:
;---DETAILS AND RULES
;This is probably the most played custom game variant on LIVE.
;There are two teams - Humans who are Red, and Zombies who are Green.
;Everyone starts off as a human except one person who will be the starting Zombie.
;Humans can only use shotguns, and Zombies can only use Swords.
;After a Zombie kills a Human, the Human must press Start and change teams
;They must switch teams to Green and become a Zombie.
;For Humans to win, they need 50 kills.
;For Zombies to win, they must kill all Humans.
;Last human standing is zombie the next round.
;H2V modification first human dead is zombie next round.
;Accidental suicides don't count
;Intentional suicides count (to avoid being killed by a zombie)
;Cliffing is allowed
;No guardian glitching.

[playlist]
;Original Zombie game variant
;last updated January 21, 2011
;ranking=No
;min players=4
;max players=16
;Team Count=2
;Min Party Size=1
;Max Party Size=4
;Big Party Restrictions=No
Shuffle=Yes
Pregame Team Selection Delay=25
Pregame Delay=10
Postgame Delay=15

[custom variant]
name=Zombies
;Dawn of the Dead
base variant=Team Slayer
round time limit=None
team changing=off
friendly fire=off
shield type=no shields
primary light vehicle=none
secondary light vehicle=none
primary heavy vehicle=none
banshee=off
primary turret=none
secondary turret=none
starting weapon=Shotgun
secondary weapon=energy sword
starting grenades=off
grenades on map=off
weapons on map=none
active camo on map=off
overshields=off
;Slayer variant

[match]
variant=Zombies
map=ascension
;minimum players=4
maximum players=16

[match]
variant=Zombies
map=zanzibar
;minimum players=4
maximum players=16

[match]
variant=Zombies
map=foundation
;minimum players=4
maximum players=16

[match]
variant=Zombies
map=burial mounds
;minimum players=4
maximum players=16

[match]
variant=Zombies
map=headlong
;minimum players=4
maximum players=16
Feel free to edit it how you like.

Nov 16, 2013
Thanks for the info, supersniper. I had some doubts about the gametype before. :)

| ϨϲЯαРУ | said:
ask supersniper and kant and shock120 lol
How can I contact them?
Anyway I can try to do it by myself. It shouldn't be so difficult. Do I need a program or something?

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Well... as of right now there is no automated program released to do zombies for you, you can host a server with the variant I posted but it'll rely on the players to switch accordingly. There will be an automated tool soon, hopefully within a couple months. I have big plans for this game. Be excited.

Nov 16, 2013
supersniper said:
There will be an automated tool soon, hopefully within a couple months. I have big plans for this game. Be excited.
Thanks for your support, supersniper. :)
I was wondering if I could at least make the server say in chat things like "Player X, you've been killed by a zombie. You have to swith to green team". Is this possibile in a way or another? Thank you.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Well, good news! I've made two Zombie App's, one for the client (normal user) and the other for the server. The client version is pretty much complete whereas the Server version only works for player 1 (player in the first slot) as i've been testing it for only the first slot, then when i'm happy with the code i'll copy it another 15 times... so currently it is working very well, just fixing a few glitches with the team changing... (server send packets to client app so it changes the client team, which can only be done by the client, that's why the client needs an app).
Unfortunately, i've got to study for exams so i wont be able to finish it until another say 6 days...
And that is just the team changing functionality! I've been looking at draining zombies ammo when they pick up a gun and also run speed... so a bit more work is yet to be done ;)