Just looking for ideas.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I'm wanting to get back into the whole modding of the Halo 2 campaign, but I'm very un-original. So I'm asking (what's left of the community):
What character did you want to play as throughout the Halo 2 campaign?
What was your favourite weapons?
What allies would you like to fight behind?
What vehicles do you want to drive?
I'm thinking (at the moment) of modding some of the campaign to be Brutes vs Elites, I know it won't fit lore wise (eg - Elites and Brutes fighting in Mombasa etc) but it's just an idea. Also as you progress through the levels, little things like your Elite's rank will go up and you'll start with different weapons etc.
If you'd like to see my previous work - go check out the Sacred Icon - Jackal Mod.

Aug 20, 2015
Gamertag
guy298
Well, elites and brutes did fight in New Mombasa for a very short time, as evidenced by halo 3: ODST. The streets are littered with the bodies of each race, and ODST does take place during the events of halo 2.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
"So I'm asking (what's left of the community)"
Well if you don't know already there was an attempt at a revival of the MP but PermaNulled became busy with life and has been inactive for a while now. I've been keen to help with it but he doesn't seem to be online as much recently as i need a little guidance to get started.
So that happened like >2 months ago and nothing much since. The teamspeak has been quiet whenever i check it also.
The community have been quiet; and i'm here on holidays like ahh MP plz i want it lol.

If your looking for something cool to do, how about a flood firefight of sorts? can you edit the elite ultras in the iwhbud skull to flood? (can you insert flood tags in like that?) I don't know much about the tools or methods to do the map mods that you do.

And i think guy298 is correct on that one. And to add to his idea for the mombasa missions, if its possible reverse the direction through the map the player travels so end to start to give a new feeling to the gameplay, if it's not not worth it difficult.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Since my PC has been reimaged I haven't got any modding tools on it at the moment (I'll download some now). I was using Mr.Mohawk, Gravemind and another one that: I can't remember the name of it (but it was much more stable than other two).
*EDIT*
The other program was Assembly.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Well, since the repository is currently down... I won't be able to download the tools. I might have them backed up somewhere ~