Microsoft: Release Halo 2 for Windows Vista as a digital DL

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
http://www.change.org/petitions/microso ... l-download

not mine but i found this lol

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Microsoft: Release Halo 2 for Windows Vista as a digital download.

Now that Windows 8 is out, Microsoft have their own "store" built into the operating system, with the same sort of setup as the Software Center on Ubuntu Linux and the App Store found on OS X-powered machines.

Some years back, when Microsoft released Windows Vista, they had a Vista-only PC version of Halo 2 that also used Games for Windows LIVE, which is Microsoft's grouping of games that use the LIVE network that allows XBOX-like integration and achievements, amongst other things.

The first Halo was also out for PC, but didn't require that you were on Vista. It would run on XP, Vista, and some people in the 7 and 8 periods even still play it, and it runs fine. They even let a Mac port of the game get released.

Now here's the thing I'm aiming for: I want to try to gain Microsoft's attention and bring to light the fact that Halo 2 should be released on PC as a digital download. With the advent of digital download services like Desura, Steam, and Origin, Microsoft can't even deny that it's a successful way of releasing games. They could even release it *only* on their Storefront exclusively and that would still be an accomplishment in my book.

Halo 2 for Windows Vista would run on XP if you did a little modifying and hacking. It didn't fare so well on Windows 7. It was designed to work and run only on Vista, but the time of Vista has come and gone. Here's the kicker: Halo 2 for PC installs correctly *and runs correctly* on Windows 8. You don't have to modify or hack any configuration files or fiddle with GFWL. It just works. The problem is that the circulation of Halo 2 for PC DVDs has dwindled significantly, leaving most people out there who wish to buy the game searching around on Amazon and eBay, and running a risk of buying UK/other versions of the game, some even with PAL discs and not NTSC which some say doesn't work for them.

The simplicity of Microsoft releasing Halo 2 on their Storefront should be enough to warrant something great here. Halo may have turned into an XBOX-only game title as of Halo 3 and onward, but there are lots of us out there who wanna get their nostalgia fix and buy Halo 2. Doing so digitally and for a cheaper, adjusted price would mean only good things for Microsoft, should they make it so readily available.

So please, let's get this petition going. I can't be the only one out there who still likes Halo but is primarily a PC gamer. I can't be the only one who gets a good nostalgia rush from playing games from the past that had an influence on my gaming habits as I got older. There's gotta be more people out there other than me, so help me out and let's see if we can get their attention!

Maybe we'll get them to release the first Halo digitally, too. ;)

To:
Microsoft
Release Halo 2 for Windows Vista as a digital download.

Now that Windows 8 is out, Microsoft have their own "store" built into the operating system, with the same sort of setup as the Software Center on Ubuntu Linux and the App Store found on OS X-powered machines.

Some years back, when Microsoft released Windows Vista, they had a Vista-only PC version of Halo 2 that also used Games for Windows LIVE, which is Microsoft's grouping of games that use the LIVE network that allows XBOX-like integration and achievements, amongst other things.

The first Halo was also out for PC, but didn't require that you were on Vista. It would run on XP, Vista, and some people in the 7 and 8 periods even still play it, and it runs fine. They even let a Mac port of the game get released.

Now here's the thing I'm aiming for: I want to try to gain Microsoft's attention and bring to light the fact that Halo 2 should be released on PC as a digital download. With the advent of digital download services like Desura, Steam, and Origin, Microsoft can't even deny that it's a successful way of releasing games. They could even release it *only* on their Storefront exclusively and that would still be an accomplishment in my book.

Halo 2 for Windows Vista would run on XP if you did a little modifying and hacking. It didn't fare so well on Windows 7. It was designed to work and run only on Vista, but the time of Vista has come and gone. Here's the kicker: Halo 2 for PC installs correctly *and runs correctly* on Windows 8. You don't have to modify or hack any configuration files or fiddle with GFWL. It just works. The problem is that the circulation of Halo 2 for PC DVDs has dwindled significantly, leaving most people out there who wish to buy the game searching around on Amazon and eBay, and running a risk of buying UK/other versions of the game, some even with PAL discs and not NTSC which some say doesn't work for them.

The simplicity of Microsoft releasing Halo 2 on their Storefront should be enough to warrant something great here. Halo may have turned into an XBOX-only game title as of Halo 3 and onward, but there are lots of us out there who wanna get their nostalgia fix and buy Halo 2. Doing so digitally and for a cheaper, adjusted price would mean only good things for Microsoft, should they make it so readily available.

So please, let's get this petition going. I can't be the only one out there who still likes Halo but is primarily a PC gamer. I can't be the only one who gets a good nostalgia rush from playing games from the past that had an influence on my gaming habits as I got older. There's gotta be more people out there other than me, so help me out and let's see if we can get their attention!

Maybe we'll get them to release the first Halo digitally, too. ;)