Need help fixing HDD for server

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I
Okay So my HDD isn't booting up. I plugged it into another PC and it recognized it and I could look through all the data and program files etc. However it doesn't recognize it as a bootable drive when I tried it on my desktop and laptop.

Can someone help me with this?? 0_o

Mar 30, 2013
Gamertag
SiC Avenged
I had same issue and solved it by wiggling cords could be faulty connection or faulty cord might need new cord I bet its sata hdd isn't it?

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I
Nothing in the laptop is damaged I tested the Hard drive on another desktop and it reads it fine. However when I tried to use it as a boot device it wouldn't recognize it

strange.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
You could try connecting it to a different (SATA?) cable and then change the boot setting in the BIOS.

If the drive is damaged now is the best time to back up whatever needs backing up.

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I
Kills Alone said:
You could try connecting it to a different (SATA?) cable and then change the boot setting in the BIOS.

If the drive is damaged now is the best time to back up whatever needs backing up.
The laptop has it's own Sata ports and it only has one of them.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Oh, I didn't see any mention of a laptop.

You could try repairing it from the Windows installation disc or on HDD repair partition (if it has that option). Sometimes the boot area gets screwed up and often a repair or repair install will do the trick.

Go here and read this section: Fixing the Master Boot Record (MBR)

You could also try sfc /scannow from a DOS command prompt.