Need help with map :(

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Then you need to use the original beta of Prisoner.

Or you can force Beta 2 to load in the custom map list by using our Custom Map Restriction Remover mod.

Thinking back a few years, this error is why this map was excluded from our collection I linked to above.

--

I have all of the extra custom maps on one of my HDDs, but I am between gaming systems right now so cannot upload any just yet. Someone else may have a link for Octagon.

Mar 22, 2014
Gamertag
CyberAssassinPR
I test with the first Prisoner Beta an beta 2 and nothing and I have already the map restriction removal and the patch for maps 2.5 :/
But thanks again friend :/

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
You have to restart the game or any new maps will not show up. You could also try renaming the map to Slot2.map, then load Slot2 from the default MP map menu.

EDIT: If you have over 48 custom maps you will not see any additional new maps. I believe Tr0y did that version of Octagon.

Mar 22, 2014
Gamertag
CyberAssassinPR
Thanks | SCRAPY | for the help :)
Btw you dont have a Prisoner that work? Because mine don't show up on my custom map list :/

Kills Alone I renamed the Prioner_beta2 to Slot7 and the map not load... He tell me to insert the original Halo 2 CD after try to load the map.

Another suggestion?

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
To load a map as a slot not only must it be named as Slot2.map (for example). It must also be moved to the default map dir (not the custom dir). where you find the built in MP and SP maps.

Mar 22, 2014
Gamertag
CyberAssassinPR
Kills Alone said:
To load a map as a slot not only must it be named as Slot2.map (for example). It must also be moved to the default map dir (not the custom dir). where you find the built in MP and SP maps.
I reenamed to Slot7 and moved to SP maps

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Right, but if it told you a map was missing that means its either in the wrong folder or mislabeled.

You can test this by doing the same with another custom map (or default MP map) that loads normally. If that map loads as a Slot type map then we know there is a problem with the Prisoner map itself.

Mar 22, 2014
Gamertag
CyberAssassinPR
Kills Alone said:
Right, but if it told you a map was missing that means its either in the wrong folder or mislabeled.

You can test this by doing the same with another custom map (or default MP map) that loads normally. If that map loads as a Slot type map then we know there is a problem with the Prisoner map itself.
Yes thats i think too. The problem is, some peoples can run Prisoner normally :'/

But Thanks for the help anyway

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
CyberAssassinPR said:
Kills Alone said:
I reenamed to Slot7 and moved to SP maps

you did place the map here right? C:\Users\testbox33\Documents\my games\Halo 2\Maps

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
CyberAssassinPR said:
Nope i placed on C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\maps
ok, well for slot maps, like your slot7.map it will go in to the main directory for halo 2. for any other custom maps, they'll go into the "my docs/my games/halo 2/maps"

But anyways i have tried playing the map and no luck lol me thinks its broken at the moment. but using the slot map method, may work :/ it was unfinished and the map maker asked for it not to be placed on the halomaps site :/ so im sure this map will never be done again lol

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
if i had everything working i would try porting over, but the map editor seems to always crash now :/ lol so im unable to port it overs lol....
Ill see if hexthat can port it over :/

Mar 15, 2013
The reason Powerhouse will not load is due to a bitmap restriction in the engine. Currently, the only way to get non power of 2 bitmaps for counters compiled is to rig them as "interface". Due to the interface bitmaps on the DMR and Storm BR, the map will not load through he menu. Iirc, you have rename it as a slot map. And no, I haveot completed work on the map yet. My copy of Halo has exceeded activations so it is nearly impossible to test changes quickly. I am still working on it though.