Powerhouse Delayed!

Mar 15, 2013
I'm not sure what the fuck happened, or if anyone else ever had this happen but...

So I loaded up powerhouse after a lighting session and found some errors I wanted to fix. I fixed said errors, and came back to the max file 2 days later (tonight) and guess what? Magically for no fucking reason at all, half the maps geometry is now displaying wrong or skewed UVW mapping. Piss me off! UVW'ing was never any issue I was fixing so I have no clue why it would spaz and fuck my shit up. Needless to say, now I have to re-spend about a month worth of UVW work to repair the bullshit error that occurred.

Seeing as all this work is now lost, I will not work on this map and waste my time until after the master server list is shutdown and we have a working way around it. It wouldn't make sense to work on it past the deadline only to be unusable in the end. I'll keep you all posted and in the mean time, if anyone wants the Halo 4 BR tags, I'll up them and link you guys.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
:eek: well that's bullshit, i know the feeling... :/
Now i'm just gonna piss you off by saying what everyone else would probably say, make a backup! / save as copy (name01...) then save (name) every time you make a considerable amount of changes.
You never think its gonna happen, until suddenly it does.
Sometimes i get things like that, only because i'm an idiot and made the directory in program files where everything requires administrative privileges, I will change that soon tho...

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
What a bummer! Its strange though because I know Gemini's Twin ;) and he does keep backups.

Twin, compare to the most recent backups and a few other recent scenarios and see if the skewed UVW problem is the happening elsewhere. Also remember that 3DS Max makes its own most recent backups under its own install folder then a folder called Autoback, before you make any further saves make sure to check there first.

Halo 4 BR tags will look sick. I forget if I mentioned but I updated the Reach tags a bit. Enough that I added them on a few H2.5 maps.

Mar 25, 2013
Gamertag
Slaters Fury
You may be able to find a shadow copy somewhere, I've went to that when all else has failed. I lost a days work one time, but it saved the map.

Attachments

Mar 15, 2013
Unfortunatly the Autobak folder did not have a copy of the previous max file. I have it set to backup every 3 minutes so it only saved the fucked up copy since I didn't notice the uvw errors till it was too late and saved it. I tried checking aother spots but I got zilch. Luckily the damage was not as bad as I first thought. I have most of it fixed now. Still a couple weeks away from being ready, so I will wait to see what happens before I work on it more.

Just added 3 new weapons and some fp screenshots fro the weapons, as requested by Derp. Enjoy and speculate!

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Those pics look really clean, really hope you still can finish it. BTW Kills did you put the H4 BR on some of those H2.5 maps?

Mar 15, 2013
I have yet to release the weapons to Kills. I still need to clean it all up so all the assets are in one folder and not scattered around. As of now, the BR is perfect in every way. The only issue is that the H4 ammo counter has to be in "Interface" bitmap format or it wont compile properly. I could go long into how to go about doing it and why it wont work any other way atm, but I'm much too tired.

Powerhouse is coming along great but since I had that smoothing / optimize issue a week ago.... a lot of uvw issues can't be fixed it seems, and now I am having trouble getting it to light properly if at all. I'm gonna run back through the bsp and see how much I can cut down on and keep you updated.