Thinking of making video tutorials.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Hello everyone,
I know that we have a lot of people who are interested in modding and making their own campaign scenarios and so on, so I've decided that I'm going to start making video tutorials on YouTube to help those who are new to modding and possibly (but doubt it) those who are experienced. I will be using Assembly ~
I'm thinking of doing a video series of how to make your own custom campaign scenario, just as KillsAlone has with his thread. I think people may benefit from visual aids and someone talking, I dunno.
Thinking of breaking up the series into separate pieces, how to;
Change Your Player Model,
Change Starting Properties,
Change AI squads,
Change Weapon Properties,
Etcetera etcetera.

You get the idea, anyways any feedback on what I should cover and on the idea in general would be appreciated.
I'm by no means an "expert" modder (I have used HCE sapien, HEK+, Halo 2 Assembly, Gravemind, Mr.Mohawk) but I'm going to make sure the videos are 100% accurate.

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
It's a nice idea, I sometimes stream when developing project cartographer / reverse engineering halo 2.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
PNill said:
It's a nice idea, I sometimes stream when developing project cartographer / reverse engineering halo 2.
I wouldn't be able to Stream, given the internet here in Australia (well where I live), also with all my school studies and work. I should tune in one day and watch, I find it very interesting.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I'd probably only do an install tutorial for people who have the DVD and product key and just note that they can download the MF.dll to get automatic activation. This is only because I only fully understand doing it that one way. Plus installation of Project Cartographer and other necessary programs for it to run, because I believe that Windows 7+ need to download Games for Windows Live something a-rather to play.