We CAN PLAY ALL the Project cartographer

Mar 20, 2016
Gamertag
RedPunk
I'm Colombian like others but it seems unfair to say that we block knowing that I at least I spread the proyect cartographer, I want to answer about this if it's true or false as many of those who play are Latin American and most of all Colombians and so I find it disrespectful, thanks for your attention.

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
It's a hot topic, but dedicated servers will have the option to block by GeoLocation or ping the outcome due to large ping from Colombian players will most likely be that they will not be able to play in some of the dedicated servers due to distance and latency.

The whole project however will never ban any one region for any reason as it doesn't affect game play for the entire project at all, this is just ptole being an asshole.

Jun 23, 2015
RedPunk said:
I'm Colombian like others but it seems unfair to say that we block knowing that I at least I spread the proyect cartographer, I want to answer about this if it's true or false as many of those who play are Latin American and most of all Colombians and so I find it disrespectful, thanks for your attention.
This is false. I said this in haste and did not specify exactly what I meant. Like Perma said, owners of individual dedicated servers will have the option to block players with bad ping or players who use hacks, whether they're Colombian or from the United States . In the future, I hope to be able to open dedicated servers in Latin and South America for Colombian players. That being said, I apologize for any misunderstanding I may have caused.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
And Ptolemaios obviously acting in haste. Unless you have hacked or whatever, I will guarantee this:

Anyone competent enough to use a PC and wishes to play Halo 2, will HAVE ACCESS to Project Cartographer at any given moment.

I can't say much about the Dedicated servers, but they will most likely allow specific people in them (US players in US servers, etc)
So when Dedicated Server support drops, South Americans will need to make dedicated servers or peer hosted games

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
...I hope your not being serious?
Lag is one of the core reasons that move people away from playing Halo 2. It also ruins gameplay for both yourself and everyone else. Its also why posts like this are made and why measures like this are being take (Ping + maybe geo bans on dedicated servers)

Jul 22, 2013
Karugi, Vascilia
Gamertag
Desert Shark
Sorry kill626 to bust your bubble, but Colombians aren't the best even with lag. I have no problem with them in playing Halo 2 vista. Its just you guys prioritizes more on trying to be the best for some reason. The only players i know who are Colombians are good are Pain Sherman and Shura, including few others. Which is a small majority of you guys. Normally you guys are horrible at playing the game even objectives types. Since most of the time you guys use rapid firing or aimbot. Since you guys use that excuse that other players are hacking so you use hacks. Sorry to say but you guys aren't the best.

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Alright this topic has served it's purpose. Anyone can play the mod. There will be no global restrictions. Please respect everyone and stop generalizing a group based on stereotypes.

Thank you

-supersniper-