XBOX LIVE ACHIEVEMENTS

Apr 19, 2020
Gamertag
JERLCH0
First of all hello everyone i am new to this forum and happy to see a new Halo 2 community is rising and getting back to glory this awesome game.
I am an old school player as many of you i think and i am happy to find more players for H2.

Get to the point of the thread now i want to ask a question... As i am a trophy hunter and like to unlock achievement on XBL and i have my original Halo 2 Vista copy i would like to ask you guys how's possible to unlock H2V achievement playing the Project Cartographer.

In game it appears i am unlocking some achievements which i've already unlocked when i first played H2V back in 2010 but the new ones don't get unlocked on my gamertag. Honestly it doesn't even show up on XBL that i'm actually running H2V so last activity is something like 2010 still.
Any chance our GT is linked to the game itself or is it only done by username?

If there's the case in which we can link our GT to complete the game achievements may i get some assistance to link my profile?
Hope to receive a good answer and have a nice day

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
you can still log in to games for windows live and play campaign and get as many achievements as you can that way. but there are multiplayer specific achievements which cannot be unlocked without basically cheating the game

Apr 19, 2020
Gamertag
JERLCH0
you can still log in to games for windows live and play campaign and get as many achievements as you can that way. but there are multiplayer specific achievements which cannot be unlocked without basically cheating the game
I get it now man thanks man... And one last thing could you give me a direct link for a working version of Games for Windows Live, cause my last one didnt work and had to unistall it sadly

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
One, install latest GFWL client

Two,
Move xlive dll from the Halo 2 install folder to another folder (move xlive dll back if you want to play carto) and launch the game. Then activate the game using your GFWL Key if it asks for it again.

Three,
Good luck

Apr 19, 2020
Gamertag
JERLCH0
One, install latest GFWL client

Two,
Move xlive dll from the Halo 2 install folder to another folder (move xlive dll back if you want to play carto) and launch the game. Then activate the game using your GFWL Key if it asks for it again.

Three,
Good luck
I'll try to do that, but on the other side there are problems regarding GFWL app which doesn't run and gives me an error as soon as i try to launch it after installation. I am sure i've downloaded the latest version aswell.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1012-microsoft-games-for-windows-live/

download those files, i think ive only installed the gfwlivesetup and xliveredist.
for the marketplace, once you login it will say "cannot connect etc", that is normal these days, since its no longer in service.

then start your halo 2, sign in, activate using your key and let it update, this process of updating and signing in takes roughly 5-30 minutes, its really slow for some reason. so be patient lol

Apr 19, 2020
Gamertag
JERLCH0
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1012-microsoft-games-for-windows-live/

download those files, i think ive only installed the gfwlivesetup and xliveredist.
for the marketplace, once you login it will say "cannot connect etc", that is normal these days, since its no longer in service.

then start your halo 2, sign in, activate using your key and let it update, this process of updating and signing in takes roughly 5-30 minutes, its really slow for some reason. so be patient lol
Again thanks for the help mate, close to get this one done, now as soon as i manage to get inside the game i am stuck into this endless profile login

Seems a bit weird since the game should be still supportwd by Games for WL

ouv

Members
Apr 10, 2020
Gamertag
ouv
I wish I knew if this still worked, I'd love to finish these 2 last achievements for H2V