Campaign fails on Mac loading space station level

Apr 11, 2020
Gamertag
Ghostqix
I've been able to get Halo 2 Project Cartographer 0.5.6 to run on an iMac with macOS Catalina by running it under Crossover 19.0.1 (which bundles Wine). Unfortunately, it crashes every time it loads the space station level.

I've joined a few quick games online, even one that required the download of a user map, and that worked fine. Unfortunately, each time I try to play the campaign, I encounter the crash loading the space station level. The first two levels, the intro scene, and the armory tutorial, both run fine. But every time I step off that tram, the screen goes white and I eventually get the crash message and it create a dump file. Subsequently, if I try to jump into the space station level directly, it plays the Halo 2 splash, the screen goes black, and I get the crash message and dump file again.

I've attached the on-screen debug log for perusal; the only thing I changed was to x-out my IP address in the logs. The log shows four Halo 2 Project Cartographer sessions.

1. First run through the campaign. You can see the three map type single player message at the end as I watch/walk through the first two level and attempt to load the space station map, then it crashes.
  2. Second run. This time I attempt to open the space station level directly. One map type single player message at the end and then it crashes.
  3. I uninstalled Halo 2 Project Cartographer and reinstalled it. I did not clear my settings files, just the program. The third sessions shows me going through the update procedure after the re-install, after which the game restarts.
  4. Since I didn't clear my player data, it remembered my progress and I open the space station level directly; same crash ensues.
I looked around this forum and didn't see anybody having this precise problem. I'm just wondering what other debugging I can do to track down the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

Nov 24, 2020
Gamertag
CMGKOZMIKO
[QUOTE = "Kelzorz, publicación: 18252, miembro: 33241"] El juego no se ejecuta en mac.

Busque en el vino: https://www.winehq.org/

En caso contrario, puede usar bootcamp para instalar Windows o usar una máquina virtual. [/ QUOTE]

IF I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT THERE IS A WAY FOR WINE

Apr 11, 2020
Gamertag
Ghostqix
I tried to get past my aforementioned problem for a few days and finally gave up. I ended up playing the campaign on my Windows laptop instead.