Halo 2 PC: Lets make an updated ISO

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Certainly some good suggestions Teddy.

We do want to consider hosting/legal/size issues.

Everything in one package installer is what many users will want so they do not encounter any issues and its simple. I'm a fan of torrent distribution; once enough people have it and share it you don't have to host it yourself.

So ideally, it sounds like we want an smaller updater version, a combo of Project Cartographer & Project Lazarus, and any other important tools, links, & custom maps.

The larger download would include the game as well as everything else.

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
Kills Alone said:
Certainly some good suggestions Teddy.

We do want to consider hosting/legal/size issues.

Everything in one package installer is what many users will want so they do not encounter any issues and its simple. I'm a fan of torrent distribution; once enough people have it and share it you don't have to host it yourself.

So ideally, it sounds like we want an smaller updater version, a combo of Project Cartographer & Project Lazarus, and any other important tools, links, & custom maps.

The larger download would include the game as well as everything else.
While I'm a fan of storage via torrent, not everyone will do it I often won't download things just because it comes as a torrent for obvious privacy reasons.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Its not easy providing ways in which people can obtain Halo 2. Some love Mega, Google Drive, etc and some hate it. Some love torrenting the files, and others are scared af. That, and there's also the Nosteam release of halo 2, which introduces headaches for all! (as some people may confuse our version with NoSteam's)

Aug 20, 2015
Gamertag
guy298
Could you explain any reasons specifically why mega should be avoided, or link to an article or something?

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
In July 2015, Dotcom said he doesn't trust Mega service in a Q&A session with tech website Slashdot, claims the company had "suffered from a hostile takeover by a Chinese investor who is wanted in China for fraud" and that the New Zealand government seized this investor's shares and now has control of the site. Dotcom encouraged readers not to use it and that he plans to set up a completely open source nonprofit competitor. Dotcom announced on his Twitter account that he plans to release a detailed breakdown of Mega's status. Mega responded that the authorities have not opposed or interefered with any of Mega’s operations.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_(service)#History

Which makes you wonder if Mega will last and who ultimately controls it.