Halo: The Master Chief Collection revealed

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY

There's value for money and then there's value for money and then there's Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which plays host to 106 maps from Halo: Combat Evolved (playable online on console for the first time), Halo 2 (which now supports Forge Mode), Halo 3 and Halo 4. Most run on the original "native" engine, but some have been upgraded with new textures.

GAF user Mr Enigma has done us the favour of listing them (there are three outstanding entries, at the time of writing). Here is the only appropriate response. And here's a little gallery of shots to accompany the list. The map with the big pyramid structure on it is Ascension.

Update - I'm seeing disagreement online about whether maps for the PC versions of Halo 2 and CE will make the cut. 343's Frank O'Connor has told us that they will. "We've actually added a bunch of maps that were never available on the console versions from the PC versions, so they're in there now." We're seeking clarification, though.

Update 2 - A Microsoft spokesperson has told OXM that all maps from the PC versions of Halo 2 and CE are, indeed, included.

From Halo: Combat Evolved
Battle Creek
Blood Gulch
Boarding Action
Chill Out
Chiron TL-34
Damnation
Danger Canyon (PC)
Death Island (PC)
Derelict
Gephyrophobia (PC)
Hang 'Em High
Ice Fields (PC)
Infinity (PC)
Longest
Prisoner
Rat Race
Sidewinder
Timberland (PC)
Wizard

From Halo 2
Ascension
Backwash
Beaver Creek
Burial Mounds
Coagulation
Colossus
Containment
Desolation
District (PC)
Elongation
Foundation
Gemini
Headlong
Ivory Tower
Lockout
Midship
Relic
Sanctuary
Terminal
Tombstone
Turf
Uplift (PC)
Warlock
Waterworks
Zanzibar

Halo 2 maps remastered using a "native" Xbox One engine
Ascension
Lockout
Zanzibar
???
???
???

From Halo 3
Assembly
Avalanche
Blackout
Boundless
Citadel
Cold Storage
Construct
Epilogue
Epitaph
Foundry
Ghost Town
Guardian
Heretic
High Ground
Isolation
Last Resort
Longshore
Onslaught
Orbital
Pit Stop
Rat's Nest
Sandbox
Sandtrap
Snowbound
Standoff
The Pit
Valhalla

From Halo 4
Abandon
Adrift
Ascent
Complex
Daybreak
Erosion
Exile
Forge Island
Grifball Court
Harvest
Haven
Impact
Landfall
Longbow
Meltdown
Monolith
Outcast
Perdition
Pitfall
Ragnarok
Ravine
Relay
Settler
Shatter
Skyline
Solace
Vertigo
Vortex
Wreckage

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Jeff Gerstmann Seemingly Confirms Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC Version

[youtube]http://youtu.be/9qPbKjso22o[/youtube]

Speaking of which; sign these Petitions just in case:
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/microsoft-release-halo-the-master-chief-collection-on-pc

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...e-the-upcoming-halo-master-chief-editon-on-pc
*FIXED THE LINK

XBox Feedback - Put Halo on PC already:
http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/25...ts/suggestions/6028515-put-halo-on-pc-already

-------------

Halo 2 Classic Vs. Halo 2 Remastered

[youtube]http://youtu.be/1dAXqR77OMY[/youtube]

Feb 15, 2013
Melbourne, FL
www.shawnm5.com
Gamertag
Shawnm1700
Kills Alone said:
From what I've read they are only doing six maps from H2. That is beyond lame when there were so many great H2 MP maps, perhaps they will do DLC MP maps later?

EDIT: Watching the longer video it seems they are doing all the maps? Then I'm not sure what the only six maps thing was about...?...
From what I understood in an IGN video I watched they aren't doing six of the halo 2 vista exclusive dlc maps.

Mar 15, 2013
I dont want their shitty fucking MMC game on the PC. i want a new PC Halo with a full editor and thats all. Either that, or an update to Halo 2 that finally fixes all the bullshit we deal with. They can keep their quick visual fixes. Give me proper editing tools, and I'll show them what a next gen Halo ShOULD look like.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
Hey everyone,

I came back after a long while, you guys may or may not remember me but since the announcement for the remake of Halo 2 it kinda sparked things up for me, so I came back. Honestly, I will buy a xbox one to play this game. But if something amazing happens to PC, we get a proper Halo game and a very large community, then Microsoft can shove their xbone where the sun don't shine!

We just need to keep spamming the twitter profiles of 343i employees, if people catch on, they may demand updates too and whatnot. If we can grab their attention, we may get something. I've been gone a while, so I don't know what kind of progress you guys have made in that respect.

Even if they did release a proper editing kit to us, it would never be the same no matter how awesome of content that can be made. I don't think there will ever be a decent amount of players playing Halo 2 Vista ever again, enough players to have fun anyway.

Mar 15, 2013
Well Van thats just it. This title alone will and I mean WILL kill a large majority of all.Halo PC players and probably deter and kill off any H2PC players we may have gained and kept around. All I see this release as is a way to sell.Xboxs and finally kill off the remaining PC gamers they so desperately want to eliminate. Mission accomplished Microshit...mission accomplished.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
Yeah I agree with you, Microsoft is trying to kill of Halo PC, but maybe its for the good.

If they release MCC on PC, it can and will divide the community. Half the players will be on PC and vise versa. Unless they come out with a way for PC players to connect and play with Xbox players. This can work to some degree (i.e forcing PC players to use a controller when playing with and against Xbox players in matchmaking mode).

I don't necessarily see this as Microsoft shoving off PC players because they hate them. Microsoft obviously needs to sell their console, releasing MCC is a way to do it. But I can see that Microsoft are being a bit greedy, I don't think that not being able to sell their console is going to throw them into bankruptcy. They need new, original and exclusive IPs in order to sell their console. They can't just rely on Halo alone.

Maybe it's time for a change Twinreaper. Consider purchasing an Xbox One and MCC. It's not about the money, it's about the experience and about having fun playing one of the best FPS games to ever be created, remake or not, it's still Halo 2. I understand you love to mod the game and create your own custom content. You can still do that, and at this present time the best you can do is keep trying to get those proper editing tools. Halo2Vista inevitably will eventually end and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

It's not just Microsoft, there are other companies out there that tend to focus more on Console gaming rather than PC. This can be seen with many games such as GTA V being released on consoles first, Dark souls 1 & 2 being on consoles first. What the majority of the gaming industry doesn't understand is that PC is where all the profit can be made (look at League of Legends) but they will still continue to push out their shitty consoles and console exclusive games into the consumer's throat.

But don't get me wrong, I would fucking LOVE a PC release of MCC, or any update for H2v. I didn't spend 2k on a gaming rig so I could buy an Xbox One to play a game that should be on PC.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Thats just it, back around 2006-07 Microsoft did research into cross-platform play and later they said the PC keyboard/mouse players wiped the floor with the gamepad users.

The thing is:

-Gamepads work on PCs, and they could support KB/M input on the Xbox.

-They could include a gamepad with the game, or a rebate for one, or make it pretty obvious on the box if the game plays better with a gamepad or not. A "Plays best with an XBox gamepad" sticker.

-Not all games are FPS, nor do they all have to be versus gametypes. Look at a game like Portal 2, with its Co-Op it matters little if one player has KB/M or gamepad, its left to the user to play what and how it feels comfortable.

-They have the means and tech for cross-platform gameplay, they even released a few such a Shadowrun, and Capcom released a version of Lost Planet that had cross-platform play as well.

-They are not offering any real outlet for future custom mapping developments.

They dropped the ball on the H2EK and ripped us off; selling us a product that was gutted. It was not what it was supposed to be, not even close. Its a joke, I could not even make more maps, there was little point with the limits they set on us, they destroyed the audience through G4WL, 48 map limit, custom restrictions, non digital version, no real support what-so-ever, and so on. So the only option for Custom Mapping will fall back to Halo Custom Edition, the version that would not exist without Gearbox.

-And Forge, you know I wouldn't mind Forging on my own custom maps with my own assets. Beyond that, its just an insult to any real map maker.

I don't want to buy an XBone, and I really don't want to play on one. I want to make my own encounters, I've played all the Halo games now, I have the most fun mixing and matching my own sandbox, coming up with new weapons and various insane creations. The campaigns with better graphics really do not interest me much, the MP is the same tired MP, they couldn't even bother to take the glitches out. Cater to the fans that prefer to cheat but give fuck all about the customers who want to design new ways to enhance the game. At the very least they could have taken a few custom maps from HCE and H2V and included those to acknowledge the custom side of Halo, instead they literally just said E3 is not for PC games...just a few months back they said we would hear more about their plans for PC Gaming this Summer. So there is still time but I'm not holding my breath.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
I agree with Kills Alone.
I believe that what made console gaming so popular was the split screen capability (multiple player inputs) and a big screen. I usually never see a console being played on a screen about the same size as a computer screen, and i rarely see people USE computers (effectively) via a large tv screen. As well as back a few years computers pretty much were never used on tv screens at all (due to ports / connections). And that only 1 person actually uses the 1 computer, its not like 4 people can put their hands all on 1 keyboard, or even connect 4 keyboards & mice to a computer to play a game split-screened (nor even controllers). So console gaming back a few years was the best way to play games, as it was good with friends and online play was not as big as it is today. People held on to their console love and that's what gaming companies like Sony, Microsoft, etc... want to keep happening, but i believe they are slowly loosing. The only reason they still have it is because of exclusives and releases on consoles first.
And it was a dick move that they didn't release a better editing kit for Halo 2, as well as all the restrictions/limitations and bugs.

Also with forge, the only forge i really enjoyed was Halo 3's. It required skill to create sick maps (because modding was one of the gateways to positioning objects better etc... twas fun). Then reach came along but i sort of lost interest. One of the biggest things i hated about forge was that you couldn't create proper environments / maps because of the limited number of each object you could use / budget. That's why being able to create custom maps is so much better in that way. Yes forge is good and it can stay, it's good for smaller ideas or edits to maps to give it a certain edge. but custom maps and content is really good because of it's almost limitless possibilities, unless you've got a restriction problem like we have ;( . Cough* Minecraft PC mods cough... soo many, cough, popular. cough Halocraft ;p. http://www.killerchief.net/halocraft.php

Jun 5, 2013
Butuan City, Philippines
www.facebook.com
Gamertag
protato117
sigh...the H2A gameplay they're showing just saddens me every time I see it cuz I know for a fact that I won't be able to play it on my PC... :/

I can only imagine them announcing something for us PC gamers the closer it gets to release...but thats less likely :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Bungie quote:

About H2 & 3 Button Combos

343i is keeping the glitches in the game even though Bungie considered it cheating. So rather then fix the game they are bowing to the players that like relying on exploits over aim, accuracy, & skill. They are rewarding the players that Bungie would ban...and while getting banned from button combo exploits is a bit much (in most cases, see macros for an extreme example), they are shitting on the players who do not want to lower themselves to such forms of cheating.

How the fuck is keeping super bounces in a good thing? It was a side effect of the game engine not being able to correct a players position/mass properly, it ruined many games I played on XBox Live back in the day. And now they want to bring it back rather then just fix it? At least restrict it to some type of glitch/exploit mode.

I know many of you like the exploits so great for you, Halo 2: The Broken Game: Part 3 will be here by years end.

If it ever hits PC I will check it out but overall this has dropped my interest in the game about 90%. I've never had faith in 343i as Halo 4 MP & SP was terrible compared to what preceded it. The graphically updated maps look awesome but they are also noobifying them by making any of the so called "skill jumps" more accessible. Just yuck.

May 10, 2014
Kills Alone said:
Thats just it, back around 2006-07 Microsoft did research into cross-platform play and later they said the PC keyboard/mouse players wiped the floor with the gamepad users.

The thing is:

-Gamepads work on PCs, and they could support KB/M input on the Xbox.

-They could include a gamepad with the game, or a rebate for one, or make it pretty obvious on the box if the game plays better with a gamepad or not. A "Plays best with an XBox gamepad" sticker.

-Not all games are FPS, nor do they all have to be versus gametypes. Look at a game like Portal 2, with its Co-Op it matters little if one player has KB/M or gamepad, its left to the user to play what and how it feels comfortable.

-They have the means and tech for cross-platform gameplay, they even released a few such a Shadowrun, and Capcom released a version of Lost Planet that had cross-platform play as well.

-They are not offering any real outlet for future custom mapping developments.

They dropped the ball on the H2EK and ripped us off; selling us a product that was gutted. It was not what it was supposed to be, not even close. Its a joke, I could not even make more maps, there was little point with the limits they set on us, they destroyed the audience through G4WL, 48 map limit, custom restrictions, non digital version, no real support what-so-ever, and so on. So the only option for Custom Mapping will fall back to Halo Custom Edition, the version that would not exist without Gearbox.

-And Forge, you know I wouldn't mind Forging on my own custom maps with my own assets. Beyond that, its just an insult to any real map maker.

I don't want to buy an XBone, and I really don't want to play on one. I want to make my own encounters, I've played all the Halo games now, I have the most fun mixing and matching my own sandbox, coming up with new weapons and various insane creations. The campaigns with better graphics really do not interest me much, the MP is the same tired MP, they couldn't even bother to take the glitches out. Cater to the fans that prefer to cheat but give fuck all about the customers who want to design new ways to enhance the game. At the very least they could have taken a few custom maps from HCE and H2V and included those to acknowledge the custom side of Halo, instead they literally just said E3 is not for PC games...just a few months back they said we would hear more about their plans for PC Gaming this Summer. So there is still time but I'm not holding my breath.
Well, Microsoft may have already made an announcement... just not for Halo on PC at the moment. If you look at what Microsoft has been doing, they have slowly increased their support for PC gamers. Multiple Xbox-exclusives, such as Fable Anniversary, Ryse: Son of Rome, and Dead Rising 3, are making their way to PC. They had several classic RTS games remastered. They are releasing more games on Steam as opposed to G4WL. They are having a big sale on Steam this weekend. And I am sure more will come. If we are patient (and voice what we want), we might just get more Halo on PC.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Yeah its still possible, I said as much in my post about a week ago in a related thread on here, forgot to list that terrible port of Fable though.

Its not like they have a choice or are trying to appease PC Gamers. PC gaming is generating larger amounts of revenue and will not be ignored. So I am Looking forward to playing Dead Rising 3 in true HD with AA running at 60FPS this week.