Project Cartographer Staff
- Nov 29, 2013
- Big TwEEkx
- The host needs to port forward ports 2000-2010 TCP/UDP to their computer. Visit portforward.com for more assistance.
- The port range is determined by the base port in the halo2configX.ini file. The config file is usually found in Appdata/Local/Microsoft/Halo 2 or in the Halo 2 folder
- Port range = base port + 10
- Usually there is no need to change the base port, but if you're having issues hosting, trying changing it to something else, like 12000, and port forward 12000-12010 TCP/UDP
- Host also needs to verify that halo2.exe is allowed through all firewalls and that all inbound and outbound connects are allowed for the executable.
- After port forwarding, the host needs to select "Create a new game" at the top of the NETWORK Server list
- Players should now be able to join the custom game.
- Currently, there is no way to invite or block people from joining. Once all players have joined, the host can close the lobby through the quick options menu.
Likes: DDevil Sako