I must express my utmost gratitude

Oct 3, 2016
Gamertag
Skull
When I first heard Halo 2 was on PC (about a decade ago now), I wanted to play it, but was told that I would have to pay for a stupid service called Windows LIVE. Fast forward to January 1st of this year, I was celebrating the newly entered year with my brother and sister at his friend's house, and before we left, I noticed a Halo 2 PC DVD case on a side table, when I asked my brother's friend about borrowing it, he told me, "You can borrow it, but I'm not sure it'll work." I was too tired from partying to try and play it that night. So first thing next morning I installed it, and installed "Games for Windows LIVE", and it booted up like a charm. Since it worked, I got interested in trying to find ways to play online multiplayer with other people, since the game's original Windows LIVE multiplayer was long since defunct, and nobody else near me had a physical copy so as to play over a Local Area Network. The options found at that point were Evolve and Tuungle. Through one thing or another, I talked to a guy on Skype and he gave me an updater, an injector .exe, and a complicated tutorial. Now granted, the multiplayer WORKED, but the servers provided by the guys who played Halo 2 via Tuungle were riddle with hackers shooting Snipers and Battle Rifles at max rapid fire speed. So I said, "screw that" (well, I used the F-Bomb actually, but yeah) and went back onto Google to search for another way. I simply googled "Halo 2 Vista Online", and stumbled upon this. It was a single executable file that just needed to be put in the Halo 2 directory (well maybe not needed, but that's where I have it). So I downloaded it, and put it in my Halo 2 directory, forwarded the necessary ports, and started it up. I saw the little green text in the corner telling me I was connected to the Project Cartographer Master Server, and with a single click on Network, I was given a list of good ping servers and have been enjoying the hell out of it ever since!

All that jazz out of the way now. I just have one question, how do I set up an "Infection" server?

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
As long as the variants contain the words "Zombies" or "Infection", it will trigger the infection logic. Make sure the gametype you create has no weapons on map, cause zombies can still pick up weapons. Also I recommend you remove shields and turn on extra damage, so humans can have some advantages :)

Have fun

Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
UncutFighter
I am very glad you found it and welcome to the community and game (once again) <3. Also, you wouldn't happen to be the Archangel that use to upload H2V gameplay way back when? Also, be sure to join our discord so you can chat with us!