Map Testing

Mar 15, 2013
If anyone here still plays custom maps at all, and has a few hours to kill I would greatly apreciate somegameplay feedback. As my copy still doesnt work since I reached my activation limit, I am unable to test my maps. Need a few people to play solo and MM to guage layout and overall game play for Powerhouse, Crossroads (odst map h100_100), Spiral and Wraparound. Anyone interested, drop me a message here or on Live. Thanks!

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Cannot wait to check em out.

Did you try the phone activation that pops up, it worked for me: first the activation said that I had installed the game too many times, then the number popped up, I called and it asked me how many other computers it was on and I said "one", then it walked me through activation process.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Hey I know this is off topic but I noticed Killer Chief also plays Just Cause 2.

There is an amazing (and free) MP Mod for the PC version of Just Cause 2, the game itself is often on sale on Steam for ~$3. Some of the servers allow for hundreds of players. So sometimes I jump on there with my son, we have fun hunting people down and just doing crazy stunts like grappling around, parachuting, and crashing vehicles into everything for lulz and chaos. If y'all have not tried it out yet I hope you do, it would be great to get some more players on there that I know. Some of the servers allow for 100's of players, there is a built in item spawner, custom character models, and more. I do get some lag playing it but overall its more the type of game where you just mess around rather then kill everyone.

Steam Links
Just Cause 2

JC2 MP Mod

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Off topic still >_< but yeah, i got it on xbox 360, so when Just Cause 2 goes on sale i will buy it. (likely i'll buy the collection).
Anyway, On topic, Twinreaper when will you be sending out the maps? eta? (no rush)

Mar 15, 2013
Ok here are the links for the maps...

Powerhouse version 3 - http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/ ... use_v3.rar

Spiral version 1 - http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/ ... ral_v1.rar

Crossroads version 1 - http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/ ... ads_v1.rar

Courtyard version 1 - http://vyrantstudios.azurewebsites.net/ ... ard_v1.rar

Powerhouse is finished and I will not be working on it anymore. It has taken way too much time, (over a year) and the limitations have been stretched and I cannot fit anymore geometry or spawns into it without the game breaking. It may not be perfect and I know a lot of things like the water leave much to be desired, but tough shit LOL.

As for the other maps, they are all currently under development still, so there are many many errors and issues. The only map close to being finished is crossroads. Either way enjoy!

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
unable to pick the maps up with Vanilla Halo 2, must grab the patch to play the maps ;)

Here is the patch***
http://www.h2mt.org/maps/MainMenu/H2MT_ ... nu_Mod.exe

H2.5 Main menu patch for the ability to play the maps :)

just copy the modded/unlocked main menu to the games directory where the mainmenu.map is at and rename your stock mainmenu (mainmenu_stock) and slap the new mainmenu over to the maps folder and wallllla you can now play the maps :)

but only after you rename the maps to slot maps*

slot1 = courtyard
slot2 - crossroads
slot3 - powerhouse
slot4 - spiral

that is how i renamed my maps*

Mar 15, 2013
Sorry about that Scrapy, I should have listed that as a requirement to play the maps. Some or most of the items contained in my map, will just not work through conventional methods.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
on slot1- courtyard, the game crashes after shooting the weapon that shoots the red plasma grenade* lol
and you also die randomly from i think portals or some geometry error glitch, its happened to me before and I think it was in the map i was trying to port over :/

the other maps ill get back to you on them* lol it would be an awesome tower of power map btw* :)

edit***

the other maps are awesome!

Power house~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!@#$%^&*()_+

EPICSAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will post a scrapy video of me showing them and thoughts and what have you nots lol :)

Mar 15, 2013
Crap, my bad with Courtyard. I had an experiment of sorts going with that particular weapon and I completely forgot to remove it before I packaged the map. As for the random dying, I'm not sure why that's happening? This is why I hate doing map work without my own access to playing them. If you can, post a video up of the dying happening, so I can triangulate possibilities.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTdRh92wC-M[/youtube]

this is a video for 3 maps, 5 minutes each... could of taken less time but im a bit slow at doing things lol so it is 15 minutes long lol

as for the crater map :/ im not quite sure what the deal is other than maybe some portals got messed up or geometry got messed up during welding, polycrunching :/ not sure really. it happened to me before and well i had to start all over on a map lol i am not quite sure as to why it happened lol

But yes i will record a video :)

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks for the videos Scrapy, it definatly helped me see a ew not so obvious errors in the maps. Im gonna spend a few days and make a few changes to Powerhouse, including a working kill volume this time lol.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Really good work Twin, and the DMR is much better now. Great to see that the new ripper tools can do so much.

I hope that there is an eventual Steam release so we can take all of our custom content with us.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
oh yeah they are great maps :) hehe :) i like Powerhouse and courtyard and crossroads lol

crossroads currently should be played as a zombie map!
Courtyard should be played as a tower of power map all the way!!!!!!

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks for the videos again Scrapy, and thank you for the kind words guys. Im really trying to get these maps pumped out as fast as I can, but geometry cutdowns for ODST maps and the later title ones isnt fairing well. There is simply just too much geometry to edit or optomise. Just getting Crossroads playable was a week long ordeal of just 16 hours a day x week of mesh editing. And that was before moving on to the instances and texturing. Overall the maps are coming together, and I should have a beta of Construct ready for you guys in a week or so.