Brainstorming Map Session #1

Mar 15, 2013
Good evening guys and gals. One of the biggest things lacking in the community is the maps and content. And by this, I mean fluidly playable and enjoyable. yes most of the maps we have churned out are good ones, and of top quality. But it seems that a lot of the maps we have made, go unnoticed or unused.

This thread is to brainstorm a bit. It's YOU the community who looks for great content to play with, and as such, I would like to hear from all of you on what you would like to see most come to the game. Simply respond in the thread with ideas or map suggestions you may have, and maybe we can finally get a few custom things out that people might ACTUALLY play once in a while. Here's hoping for good ideas and good things to come! Have at it!

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
I've always thought it would be fun to have a map where the weapons projectiles are switched to nerf dart's and you are inside a office building having a nerf war.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
I believe the most important thing is a larger playerbase and an easily accessible way to load and play the custom maps. Due to the servers being downgraded and the compatibility issues of Halo 2 Vista, it's would be hard to maintain a strong playerbase. The lack of content can be easily fixed though, create a section in the forum where all maps can be found and place all completed maps there. Now I'm getting off-topic so the things I'd love to see would be:
-Working Infection gametype.
-Speed Halo (the gametype with the huge tunnel on a 45 degree angle downwards with teleporters at the bottom. Infected players drive warthogs off trying to splatter humans, each time the warthog passes through teleporter which teleports them back to the top, gains more and more speed.
-Maybe a texture pack mod to make the textures in HD. (similar to the mods found for Skyrim)
-Race maps

That's all I ideas I can remember. I had some more things a bit more creative but I forgot. Been away from Halo for so long.

The most ironic thing is that when 343i said they were going to take down the Halo2 PC servers, thousands of people got mad and signed a petition to keep the servers online. We succeeded, yet, there are only 20 players on at a time now, even less.

Mar 26, 2013
Gamertag
GameCreat0r
Van Camp said:
Wish that ^ would happen. I have even tryed to make a mod for that myself but I am not experienced in programming mods for games. I was tould it can't be done. :(

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
GCreat0r said:
Van Camp said:
Wish that ^ would happen. I have even tryed to make a mod for that myself but I am not experienced in programming mods for games. I was tould it can't be done. :(
It can be done though. The first ever and original Infection gametype was a mod for Halo 2 on Xbox Live. I just haven't seen it on PC as of yet.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
One map I´d like to see made is Countdown from Reach and I think it would go well with Reach weapon set you´re making. I think Countdown would really work well on H2 engine, without all the unnecessary stuff they had on Reach. And if possible, maybe that weapon set could be added to some already excisting maps like Boneyard, Wetworks/Damnation, like devolded/evolded versions of those.

Also I would like to see you finish that Windward map and if possible try to make Timberland/Ridgeline, as you had it started pretty well on Wetlands.

PS: Van Camp, Kopps is one funny movie!

Mar 26, 2013
Gamertag
GameCreat0r
Van Camp said:
GCreat0r said:
Van Camp said:
It can be done though. The first ever and original Infection gametype was a mod for Halo 2 on Xbox Live. I just haven't seen it on PC as of yet.
If i learned programming on the required level I would spend some time trying to make this. The problem is syncronizing serversided teamswitches.

Mar 15, 2013
I like the Countdown map idea. Unfortunatly I no longer have a working copy of Halo Reach, so it would be difficult for me to make the map from gameplay footage alone. Crater from ODST took me over a year to make by hand relying only on gameplay footage, so that Countdown bizatch might take quite a while. I suppose it would be worth it though if Microsoft continued to support us, or let us host a server list and or released Halo 3 on PC. When I am done with powerhouse, I'll start coming up with some prelim layouts in 3dsmax.

Mar 15, 2013
Construct! I have always wanted to make Construct! Come to think of it...I may have a copy of Halo 3 still laying around somewhere. But since my time is limited usually when it comes to actual mapping, any reference pics of Construct and Countdown you can find and pass along would be great!

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Haven is one of the best maps on H4, not too many good maps on there. Skyline and Landfall are good maps too, but they´re DLC and I´m not too convinced that 343 will make them free content in time like it was in H2.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
waterworks.... 4 bases.... like a big square and like totally like a night version though and some what greenish like my waterworks that i was messing with till my pc decided it didnt like me and had a mental break down and broke a hard drive...... :/ that had all my halo stuff on it lol.....

but yeah that would be interesting to see lol

or we can just play on a map and ride ponies and shoot hearts out of our magnums and have the kant-a-dress lol

Mar 15, 2013
Twinreaper said:
I can do that! Should be easy to swap a warthog model with a MLP model, and make a projectile model heart for the magnum. Perhaps make a 4 base Waterworks, with rainbows and glitter bridges too....
[mod="H2Bot"]User was banned for this post.[/mod]

JK