Project Cartographer: Project Cartographer is a mod for Halo 2 Vista that restores online multiplayer functionality as well as provides fixes and features to the game and implements community feedback to provide the definitive Halo 2 experience.
Setup: To play, simply download the game installer from one of the...
- Dynamic resolution support (every resolution supported by your monitor will show up in-game)
- Map loading commands have been added (map_name, game_mode, etc...)
- Team scoring is now supported in graverobber
- No hud toggle now hides the scoreboard and killfeed
- Multiple crash fixes
- New crash window deployed!
- Code improvements
- xlive.dll filesize reduction
- Moved skull functions into the project itself, fixed legacy bug with the skull name on the armory
- Fixed text scaling on resolutions above 1080p
- Reworked crosshair resizing so it didn't downscale the bitmaps
- Updated curl and openssl libs
Happy Easter everyone! We've fixed a couple of issues in this update:
- Fixed pot of gold not showing up during the st pats special event
- Removed excess logging for projectile_update
- Fixed a network related crash
- Fixed some infection issues caused by invalid active player flags, specifically game ending issues
- Fixed a possible performance regression since last cartographer version
Hello, we are happy to release another update below is a list of some of the changes contained in this update, have fun!
Get Ready for Tower of Power on Dedi's : D
- Added fix for zombies where game would not end in certain scenarios where all players were infected
- Removed cinematic and engine force experimental rendering options (caused issues that would give an advantage with aim assist)
- Fixed sensitivity inaccuracy on mouse and keyboard
- Fixed human turrets not spawning on Dedicated Servers (original h2v bug)
- Misc. code improvements
Hey everyone! Today we are happy to bring you Project Cartographer's v0.6 update which includes numerous fixes and additions such as the long awaited ranking system! Listed below will be patch notes and details.
Servers now can start matches while having players download the map from the repo
Implemented ranking and stats system
Implemented new Cartographer Advanced Settings menu
Implemented proper hit registration fix and removed all projectile velocity modifications
Added option for Dedicated Server owners to enable/disable teams one by one (This will remove the need for 'RvB' in game variant names)
I hope you all are enjoying your day. Since the 0.5 update we have had so much feedback about switching from the LAN netcode to the LIVE netcode. Reactions to the change have been mixed we decided to let both lists be available for use. With this update both lists are available for use and almost all features are available between lists. LIVE list is still in an alpha state and will be worked on to make it up to par with the Network counterpart, but feel free to play games on whichever list your heart tells you to. With that out of the way we thank you for all your support.
LAN server list reimplemented to allow players to choose between LIVE or LAN
We found that there are differences in gameplay between the two lists. There will be servers on both lists.
Fixed game taking input while console is open
Map Downloading, Infection, and GunGame via custom packets
**Please NOTE: We plan a hot-fix update soon™ that will contain more features like Stats, Ranks, LAN support, GUI options for muting voice chat, Extra game settings with things like original Halo 2 super bouncing options and several other goodies we don't want to let out just yet!**
Our back end networking has been completely rewritten and revamped.
Previous versions of Cartographer used the LAN Network server browser as the hub for servers and game play.
This was considered to be a quick hacky workaround to get people playing with each other after Microsoft abandoned the official LIVE servers back in 2015.
Update 0.5 features updates to the core networking that is similar to the original Halo 2 for Windows Vista LIVE servers.
As a result, we are now moving from the Network tab to the Live menu (which has been renamed to "Online") for multiplayer services.
Project Cartographer v0.4.0.4 Build Time: Mar 22 2018 15:39:28.
The next time you launch Halo 2 Vista with Project Cartographer, you will be prompted to download and install a new update.
Here is a video demonstrating how to update your game (very simple, you just click along with it).
Once the download is complete your game will close and you will see a command window popup that will be there until your game is done patching. Once it is done patching, it will then ask you to press "ENTER" to close. You may then re-launch your game. https://i.imgur.com/I0CxNIj.png
Multi-threaded the login process to not freeze the game.
Cheaters now can only play for 30 minutes and they have annoying countdown timers bouncing around the screen (punishment).
Insufficient Serial computers are allowed to login and play in the cheater network only unlike before where they couldn't...
It has come to our attention that a trainer to enable super bouncing for H2V has been made public. We acknowledge that super bouncing is a huge part of what makes Halo 2 so much fun and so great. However, when it comes to Halo 2 PC and this project specifically, there is a bit more to be taken into account.
We want super bouncing to be made available for any and everyone to use, but we want this to be done in a way that will be a bit more controlled.
What do I mean by this? Well, obviously this is not something that is in H2V by default. We want this game to be enjoyable no matter how you wish to play it. Some people like Halo 2 Vista the way it is by default, then there are some that want it more like original Halo 2. So, the plan would be to implement super bouncing in a "OG mode" if you will. A mod that would be similar to the "H2X" mod that is making H2V play more like original Halo 2 but keeping it's 60 FPS attribute.
The way super bouncing is currently done...